Friday, January 11, 2013

Jet Plane



Once again we are off for another long distance journey, 20hours to be exact but since I am travelling with Iman, the travel bits have already started three days prior to the actual departure date. Refer to my travel preparation here. 


I have always preferred night flight but this time it is morning flight and full house. As i anxiously waited for my turn at the check-ins counter, I was already restless; please don’t charge me with extra baggage and please don’t ask me to leave behind my supplies of canned food. Thankfully I was spot on with the kilos and it wasn’t overweight after all, impressive since I’ve always have issue in going overboard with the baggage allowance..hehe.


So, the peak of travelling with kids is that I always get a good seat with legroom at the dedicated area but the pit is that there will be other kids as well in the row. It’s like you are stuck in daycare with screaming and cranky children and nowhere to go except the lavatory and even then I have to carry Iman with me.  Luckily the guy seating next to me was nice enough to occasionally playing and entertaining Iman. He is flying as a family of four but his wife and older kids sat on the next row and during flight, his wife was having some sort of asthma attack and it was pretty scary as she look like suffocated but later on she seems to be okay. Found out that, the stewardess thought this guy is my husband, erm not….They are surprised that I travelled alone with a toddler in tow. 


It was such a release when we finally arrived in Amsterdam for a downtime before onboarding connection flight to Zurich. Iman was cranky at first, understandable considering how tired and cold it was. It was snowing heavily! He also vomited twice on the plane and once at the airport. When we finally arrived to Zurich, it was such a relief. Yeay! And seeing R face…is priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment